Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Massive updates!

I am back!

Or rather, our computer is back from the service centre! I think I've ever mentioned that there are problems with it sometime ago, and after calling the technical support hotline for like 2 days, they came to a conclusion that my operating system is probably corrupted and I would need to do a windows recovery? Or was it windows restore? Oh, nevermind... So I made trip down to their service centre (Jovi sent me there!) to purchase some recovery? Restore? CD, (bumped into Edus' daddy, Epson there too) but the problem wasn't resovled. Apparently, the CD that they sold me, wasn't right... HP themselves created quite a hoo-ha internally, and in the end, they offered to bring our computer back for more testing on their side. All these, FOC, out of their "goodwill"... So, that pretty much explains my disappearance from blogland... ; )

Now, it's time for the massive updates!

09 March 2006 (Thursday)
I sprained my ankle! How unlucky! We were returning home from my parents-in-law's house and in a hurry to cross the road, I twisted my right ankle and fell onto the ground! Luckily, the little one is in James' arms, I cannot imagine the fall if I am carrying her!

My swollen right ankle...



It did not get any better the next day and thus, I asked James to bring me to Ma Kuang for treatment... After the usual "massaging" that left me in agony, they used this lamp-like thing which radiates heat to "shine" on my injured area so as to reduce the swelling... Heehee!



I came home that evening, with my ankle thick in bandage... Treatment at Ma Kuang doesn't come cheap, I am charged $53 in all!



Okay, the rest is history... My ankle is better now, but I still walk with a limp as I do not wanna aggravate the condition...

11 March 2006 (Saturday)
It was my cousin's (wedding) tea ceremony... I wasn't able to make it and James, he took the day off to stay home to lighten my work load. He helped bathed/changed Lia, changed my dressings, and I made him do stuffs like bringing me water, adjust the fan and pass the remote and all... He had an errand to run in the afternoon and I quickly suggest that he bring the little one along, in order for me to get ample rest, and he agreed!

Here they are, getting ready...



I am glad that their trip went well, and James came home with food from one of my favourite restaurant, Thai Express!

My Fire noodles and a mango salad!



The chilli flakes and ground peanuts containers are cute!



For dessert, a slice of Oreo cheesecake from Secret recipe! Yummy!



12 March 2006 (Sunday)
We attended my cousin's (表哥) wedding banquet held at Boon Lay Raja Restaurant! Hee, I managed to limped my way there, along with James and the little one!

I like this picture... Three different people with three different expressions!



First, Lia was cuddling close to James, so "yang-oh", and James was feeling proud that his daughter is hugging him so lovingly, and lastly, Dee, (my elder sister) she was teasing the little one and I just so happen to capture the shot with her mouth wide open! Hahaha!

This is how Dee looks like... She is my ELDER sister but yet, people always comment that she's the younger one... -_-"



The wrist corsages... My 二姑妈 handmade them herself!



Boon Lay Raja Restaurant has come a long way, it is no longer old-fashioned as I always see it to be...

They have nice slip covers for the chairs...



Nice chandeliers...



And cute little boxes containing chocolates for the guests... (Well, except that they did not fold up the hearts, I did it to enhance its look... Too much work I guess?)



The helpers!



From left: Claire - cousin Alex's girlfriend, my cousin Luvenne, my cousin Eric, Xinyi - cousin Eric's girlfriend, Dee - my elder sister...

Let's pause for a while here - I am having a hard time uploading my pictures to Blogger! Arghhh! That's all for now ya, I will be back later to continue this entry! The little one is taking her nap now, let me try upload my pictures and finish this entry... Oh by the way, just realised that my monitor is faulty after calling HP again! Logged-in a call at the same time they would come replace it probably tomorrow or the day after... It's a lucky thing that we have purchased the 3 years extended warranty service pack!

Okay, back to my entry...

This is their wedding album... My 表哥 stylo right? Skinhead wor!



Me with the bride! My 表嫂! (Oh my, just look at her boobs!!! ;p)



Lia had tonnes of fun trottering around the restaurant! See, somemore can stick out her tongue, cheeky hor? ;D



Dee got bored (oops!) of her wrist corsage and offered it to Lia...



Finally the banquet starts!



First dish presentation... Lobster salad platter! I had a few pieces of the lobster despite my condition, the chinese physician had told me to avoid seafood, but I just couldn't resist!!!



Sharks' fins! So big piece!



nevertheless, I wolfed that down too!

I had conveniently forgotten to take pictures of the rest of the dishes, mainly because I was busy eating and busy entertaining the little one... And Dee, she was busy taking pictures with OUR digital camera! Here's the proof!

First, she takes a picture of herself...



Then, she dragged my cousin Luvenne in...



Then, cousin Alex is next...



Followed by some couples' shots...



It was good too, I would not have the time to take all these pictures myself!

Pause, again, all this uploading is killing me! I, will be BACK! I can't believe that I took like two days to blog an entry! A few more pictures and I am done...

The 'yum-seng'...



Dee slipped her bangle onto Lia's wrist just as James is helping her put on her cardigan. Lia looked on curiously at the foreign black object...



The ring's next... It is an elastic ring and Dee managed to slip it onto Lia's index and middle fingers simultaneously... James enticed Lia to do a peace sign and she did it!



My cousin Eric has become a master in shelling prawns...



Well, he shelled most of the prawns for most of us, but James, he shelled mine for me... ;)

This isn't the last dish but we left shortly after I finish it. I like ee-fu noodles quite a lot but this one here, is a bit too dry...



The End!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

back to top