Monday, October 24, 2005

SGParenting get-together session and our day @ PS!

I went for this SGParenting get-together session yesterday. It was organised by the founders, Louis and Eileen, a husband & wife team, and the topic was on flashcards. Due to my kiasu-ism, I had ventured into doing flashcards with Lia and I desperately need help on how to teach the subject, Maths. Words and pictures are fine, afterall, they are just words and pictures what! But come Maths, I am just clueless on how to start. And there are different methods one can adopt, the more popular ones I've come across are the Glen Doman and Shichida methods. I couldn't elaborate more on this, as in actual fact, I am just as blur! Though I did not get all my queries answered (people sprang from their seats @ breaktime and crowded around Eileen fast!), I did learn something new from the fellow mommies. One tip: we could use nursery rhymes on the flashcards and 'sing' out the words while flashing.. This is a good one I thought, as my little girl's interest in English word cards is below my satisfactory level. I have not tried it, got to make the cards first, but I do hope that with all the singing, I can get her attention better.
.
.
After the get-together session, we hopped to Plaza Singapura. James wanted to get a 'Wei Mi' knife stand and me, I was thinking of shopping @ Mothercare and later, dining @ Thai Express! We got more then what we had planned to buy but, what's new?? I am lazy to take pictures of all and elaborate, but I had to show this... A swim float for Lia! Finally! =) We can hit the pools anytime now! Errr, sounds familar?
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

And guess who we met while browsing @ John Little... JIT! Yes, Jit the boss cum designer for Silverlining Bridal! The man whom designed my actual day wedding gown! I thought Jit looked more manly and ruggered, but he brushed it off in a giggly manner that he looked more like haggered rather! Haha, that was so typical of him!

Dinner was indeed @ Thai Express, one of my favourite restaurant, and which I always get served by my favourite server, Siti! She would make it an effort to pop by my/our table to take my/our orders, and I would always make an effort to wait for her too! Its a breeze when she takes my/our orders, as she knows exactly how I want my noodles to be done! =) James bought me the Thai Express Orange Card too! Whoa, what a great dinner (and hubby) that was! =D

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

FYI, there is a bulk purchase for ready-made flash cards printed in Taiwan in SM forum ;)

October 26, 2005 8:58 AM  
Blogger Gene Ho said...

Ya I know about it, thanks! Am negotiating the price of sharing as I just want the Maths card. =)

October 26, 2005 10:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

back to top