Saturday, March 18, 2006

Her first real cup (of formula milk)!

**Backdated entry, 1st March 2006**

I have started Lia on formula milk. But no, I am not weaning the little one off breastfeeding anytime soon. I came about this decision because the little one would be going to a child care centre soon and the fact that I have already sold my breast pump to Cyn, I would not be expressing my milk during my work hours. Besides, I have never succeeded in expressing anyway, I get an amount so pathetic that I have long given up! -_-"

Lia doesn't take well to the bottles, not at all now. She was on it partially during the first three and a half months of her life but after I succeeded in doing total breastfeeding, the bottles went into cold storage. I managed to sell her steriliser few weeks back, and those bottles, they went off with it too!

I fed her water with a syringe, and later, I gave her a cup directly. It wasn't a real cup, but a little Tupperware container with a lid. The mouth of the container was just nice for Lia, and I took like a month, to get her to drink from it properly, as in, without spills! She was around eight months plus then. Accidents still happen where the little one would choke and spurt out the water wetting her blouse, but by the time she reaches nine months (if I remember correctly), Lia had perfected the skill. : )

Lia rejected Enfa earlier on, and I picked Pediasure this time round.



A complimentary tin sent in by Abbott, the above, is the first tin of Pediasure for Lia and we're just starting on her second tin now...

This is her first real cup, I bought it from Daiso (@ IMM) ages ago, and it is being put to good use now!

Image hosting by Photobucket

Lia gets to drink her Pediasure milk only at breakfast, rest of the day, she would be the same koala beary whom loves to cling onto her mommy for milk! ; )

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

back to top