Monday, March 23, 2009

Lia's promoted!

There wasn't a siblings gift exchange, we gave Lia a promotion gift instead!



Lia, being a preschooler will not buy the idea that her unborn mei-mei was able to pop out and buy her a gift, I didn't wanna say that mei-mei got me to buy her the gift as it'll make her think that the gift is purely from me to pacify her. Well, we all know that kids are very smart nowadays and they'll often know the reason behind for the things that you do. So, I voiced this out in the forum whilst chatting with fellow mommies and one of them, gave me this wonderful idea of giving a promotion gift instead!

I got excited, ransacked Lia's section of our wardrobe to get a suitable tee and promptly got James to bring me to Beach Road for the embroidery. We made up some excuses and left Lia over at my in-laws' house before heading off! I wanted everything to be kept a secret. The little Bambi, I bought it online from Gap ages ago planning it as a sibling gift exchange during Baby Two's time. I didn't get to use it and I've since tucked it away at the top of my wardrobe. Now's the chance, finally! ;p

Last but not least, I threw in a Kinder Joy chocolate egg for there had been this TV advert going on and on and Lia would smile to herself as she watches it. She'd told me to buy it for her, but I kept delaying it, once again, now's the chance! Hehe!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Reen said...

Gene,

my girl also loves the kinderjoy...her doting father got her so much that i didn't quite like the idea, she got repeated toys from the egg and i gave them to my neighbours kids :)

honestly speaking, i don't find the egg tasty!

You are very thoughtful :) i think i should learn from you...i can tell from the past postings, you been a really sweet mummy :) Always have something nice for Lia birthday or etc..

June 22, 2009 11:43 AM  
Blogger Gene Ho said...

Oh wow, Reen, like how much did ur husband buy, one everyday?? U didn't like the repeated toys or didnt like your girl eating the choc? ;p Lia has only eaten it twice, and she has one more to go, will let her eat it tmr prob if she's good.

We all have our thoughful ways when it comes to people we love. I loved Lia a whole lot, I may be very strict with her but I want her to be happy at the right times too. :)

June 30, 2009 10:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

back to top