Monday, March 20, 2006

Lia turned 15 months old!

Our little one turned 15 months old today!

I can't really think of the updates to blog now but one thing for sure, the little one is getting real hard to feed nowadays!

Breakfast, she used to love her scrambled egg with cheese, and at the same time, eat up her bread and cheese sandwich, but now, she simply refuses her bread! She'd pick out the cheese in her sandwich, and leave the bread morsels behind. Come lunch, it is even worse! She is still hating her ABC pasta, and despite the fact that I added some low-sodium light soy sauce (for 'extra' taste) into in today, she rejected it. I flared up, but what's new, and I think my neighbours would probably have heard my yelling! -_-"

Here's how Lia looked, at lunch today...

Image hosting by PhotobucketImage hosting by Photobucket

Tears stricken face, resenting her pasta... (and not forgetting a fuming mommy behind that camera)

Super stressed! I had an urgent errand to run in the afternoon (buy an anti-virus software) and I was totally shacked-out by the time I reached home. All this rushing around (with a toddler and all) is driving me crazy! I wanna get a car!!! Had to call HP for the system restore AGAIN as they suspected a virus on my computer, and for like the next two hours plus or so, I was stucked in front of my computer, with an Indian accented technical support officer on the line and a whinny baby on my end...

I had decided to not cook porridge for the little one... She would reject her foods anyway, and James and I, we would have a hard time feeding her too. I do not wanna add on to my stress for the day and I decided that Lia, she would eat our table food!

I cooked simple dishes for our dinner; foods which are familiar in Lia's diet. Stir-fry broccoli with shitake mushrooms and carrots, stir-fry tofu with lean pork, and lightly seasoned steamed fish! I had to forgo my chilli padi for the steamed fish, how sad... :(

Image hosting by Photobucket

It was not a total success, the feedings were still slow, and Lia, she is curious of the food but she hasn't take an instant liking to it. We brought back curry from my parents' place yesterday, and James was dipping bread in his curry and that caught Lia's eye.

No, not the curry, it's the bread...

Image hosting by PhotobucketImage hosting by PhotobucketImage hosting by PhotobucketImage hosting by Photobucket

Raisin bread's a new flavour for Lia, bought it the first time for her this afternoon since she has grown tired of white bread...

*Sign... So, do we call that dessert?

But at least, she likes the raisin bread for now...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Gene

Really cute to watch Lia one moment tearing and another smiling at her high-chair.

Yeah, feeding our babies can be quite stressful. Megan could love her food one moment, and hate it another. *sigh* But the joy comes from watching them grow bigger and bigger, day by day.

By the way, I like Lia's water-proof bib, did you pay a lot for one? Her mocassins are cool too, is it comfy?

March 22, 2006 11:00 AM  
Blogger Gene Ho said...

Hihi!

What you've said is so true, motherhood is really tedious and at times frustrating, especially, being a sahm and having to face the baby the whole time! But as they grow day by day, I can't help feeling proud of myself too! ;)

Bought the bibs from Mothercare, there was a discount and I paid like $6.50? for a pack of two. :)

I am not sure of the mocassins but I thought it felt pretty hard for a pair of toddler's shoes lor.

March 23, 2006 3:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

back to top