Monday, December 19, 2005

Lia's first birthday party!

Eighteen December Two Thousand Five, we celebrated our little girl's first birthday!
Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com
The night before, James and I stayed up till 2am to put up the balloons. Light pink and pearl balloons, with silver curly tails. =)


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
We placed this at the entrance to our house... =)


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
The cake arrived... =D

(3 kgs of Empress Dowager @ $S 232.50!)


Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com
The spread!
Besides the buffet food by Neo Garden, we also had homemade curry, fried chicken wings and agar agar, by my mom and mother-in-law!


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Mike, he was the first guest! Sprang a surprise on us because we weren't even ready yet! He was leaving when I took this picture, was feeding the little girl her lunch half-way... ; p


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
The early ones, my relatives...


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Crowd's warming up...


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
My maternal grandmother and Lia.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
My aunty Irene and Lia.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
My aunty Annie and Lia.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Some of my ex-colleagues...
From left: Nick, Koh and Eileen


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Crowded already!


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
James' friends...


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Some of our neighbours...


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
My sister-in-law and her kids (just 3, not all!) and James' second sister and her hubby...


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Melissa and family!


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Baby Tara!
Amy, what a pity that I did not get to take a picture of you and Bob and Tara together... : (


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Lia's birthday cake!



Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Close up view... We were disappointed that The Patissier have overlooked an important point; the weight of the figurines. =( The cake was made with layers of sponge, fresh raspberries and cream and thus, it is very soft in nature, the Strawberry Shortcake figurines were literally sinking into the cake and they could not stand well (you can see from the picture, it is really obvious). A good way to describe: Strawberry Shortcake trapped in quicksand! HELP! And also, the strawberry house wasn't built right, it was slanted. My cousin tried her best to position it but to no avail. =( *Sign... I have yet to write in my feedbacks but I definately will. Because, the cake doesn't come cheap...


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Here's our little girl with her birthday cake. The *chor-lor* one has to put her knee up...


Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The three of us... =)


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
My family...
Front row: My mom, Lia and my dad =)
Back row: cousin Eric, cousin Luvenne, aunty Annie, aunty Irene and Claire, cousin Alex's (not present) girlfriend.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
James' family..
Front: big sister's second son, big sister's younger daughter, Lia and my mother-in-law
Back: Big sister, second sister, me and James.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Last but not least, here's Lyn and her elder daughter Gladys. She was my shake-hands-buddy and we were the severe chiong-sters back then! How I miss those days... ; )



I still have two videos by Claire, but I am really tired (it is 1.56am now... yawnz...) and I will put that up later ya...

Special thanks: James the hubby for the spring cleaning before the party and the putting up of the decorations (and also for putting up with me, the fickle-minded designer), my dearest mommy for cooking 2 big pots of curry chicken, my mother-in-law and big sister for the chicken wings and agar agar, and big sister's domestic helper for the clean up after the party, and Claire, the wonderful one whom helped to do the videoing. Claire, you have given us something that is really memorable! Not forgetting the SLBs, Joyce whom came by just to pass the ang pows and even brought Jonas despite the fact that he is sleepy already! Melissa, thanks for coming by! There's also Wenn and Dainty, whom couldn't make it but their ang pows did! : D Amy too, I gave you such a short notice but you've managed to turn up! =) And to everyone else whom made efforts to attend our party, thanks for your time, and presents and ang pows, we deeply appreciated it!

Mommy Gene
Thank you all for making it happen! =D


2 Comments:

Blogger Amy Choon said...

hey gene, thanks for inviting us to lia's party. lia is so cute and the cake is so yummy. you did a wonderful job! *thumbs up*
sorry i didn't stay for long cos i've got errands to run. it was nice meeting you and james.

December 20, 2005 4:56 PM  
Blogger Gene Ho said...

Thanks Amy! ;)
No problem lah, I'm so glad that u've turned up!

December 21, 2005 2:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

back to top