Sunday, January 15, 2006

On-the-ball (Breakfast and 白木耳 dessert)

I have been rather on-the-ball lately... Besides making breakfast for the little one, I was being enticed into cooking a portion for myself too. Except that my portion, was much larger than Lia's... The little one would have her bread and cheese, scrambled eggs with some cow's milk added in and topped with melted cheese, and my portion...?

This is my portion!


Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Scrambled eggs topped with melted cheese (I just loved it!), 'imitation' crab sticks, shaved ham and shitake mushrooms (I loved them too!). I'd usually use sausages, but I had grabbed some shaved honey baked ham at Cold Storage yesterday so might as well cook it... And shitake mushrooms, those are subject to availability because I would finish one pack in just a few days! =D

The same time at Compasspoint yesterday, I was walking somewhere in front of 余 仁 生 when I suddenly had a craving for some 白木耳 dessert! I've long heard about the nutrition values of 白木耳 and besides that, it has natural rich and thick collagens which is a good treat for our skin! (A cheaper version of birds' nest, hiak!) After calling my mom for advice, I popped into HockHua to get my ingredients...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

First picture shows the ingredients: (Front row, from left) Cane sugar, red dates, a mixture of nan-shing & bei-shing. (Back) A big ball of 白木耳
Second picture: Ingredients are bubbling away in the saucepan
Last picture: The end product!

Verdict: A nice and soothing treat! And best of all, it is very affordable! ;P

Mommy Gene
You should try it too!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

back to top