Saturday, January 7, 2006

Shopping for CNY, Round 3! (Plus a bit of ranting)

We were out shopping yesterday! James had wanted to buy a microwave oven but we ended up with more than what we've planned for (what's new?)...
I bought a new diaper bag, AromaBaby shower gel and shampoo for Lia. James got us a new thermo flask, while I picked out 4 baskets (for knick-knacks, groceries) and a toothbrush holder (5 items for S$ 9.90) and lastly, the microwave oven!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Funny right? A microwave oven perched high up on a refrigerator... No choice, it was too squeezey on our table top and thus, James decided to plonk it up there first! I had to step on a stool to use it just now... -_-"

We had dinner at Crystal Jade. =)
Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com


One thing I must comment on; C.K Tangs' customer service is GOOD! The cashiers greeted every paying customer with a smile and the retail staffs are nice and friendly! I had some queries and they were eager to help me check things out! =D

But I did not feel the same at Best Denki... Though the sales assistants (SAs) serving us for the microwave oven were alright, but what irks me were some of the others. We had asked the latter SA (let's call him Mr. B) to hold on the microwave oven for us while we shopped and upon our return to collect it...

The scene:
James and I, we proceeded to the area near the store (warehouse) to look for Mr. B... But Mr. B could not be seen and so, I asked one SA whom was standing around tidying some brochures in his file.

Mommy Gene: Excuse me, we're looking for B, he says he'll be around here...
SA1: (Continues tidying his brochures for another 2-3 seconds before looking up) Which B? There are many Bs around here...
SA2, whom was standing nearby: Ya, which B? There are many Bs around here leh...
Mommy Gene: (Instantly offended by their attitude) Oh really?? Then how come B did not specifically tell us his surname? Since there are soooo many Bs around...
SA1: What item did you buy? There are many Bs around here...
Mommy Gene: (Fuming and thinking: Ok! Do you have to keep reminding me?!) Oh, we bought a microwave oven...

SA1 and SA2 both replied, one chorus after the other: Oh, must be B.Tan lah... Ya, B.Tan lah, the microwave oven one...

Alright, SA2 managed to find Mr. B.Tan for us and as promised earlier, B.Tan helped send our microwave oven to the taxi stand, along with our existing shopping bags, which was thoughtful of him. A pat on the back for Mr. B. Tan, but to SA1 and SA2, or rather, SA1 specifically, time to improve on your customer service, your attitude wasn't too good!

Oh my, all these ranting is causing me a headache... Need some rest here... And oh, Fannie tagged me, I will try blog on that tomorrow! Last but not least, do note that above names have been changed...

Mommy Gene

Zzz... Zzz..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

back to top