Thursday, February 9, 2006

Mommy Gene abducted by an alien

Being the great procrastinator I am, I have surprised myself these two days.

I actually took the initiative to pack my stuffs, cupboards and drawers! How weird that it... And yes, that was how I came up with the title of this entry. I did none of that for the Chinese New Year spring cleaning. In fact, I did not spring clean at all, James did most of the work while I happily stayed over at my parents' place!

Talking about James, he was an idiot yesterday. We could have gone out happily for dinner and grocery shopping but he had to ruin it all. Just because I took a stupid 30 minutes nap before returning his call, he had to lash out at me. He refused to pick up my calls later, twice, and I sent him an sms to screw him upside down! He came back home later than usual, and there was no dinner for him. What the heck? You can stay out all you want, smelly man!

Well, we have not talked for two days (yesterday and today). Though I did cook dinner today, but I did not eat it with him. Instead, I scoped my portion of rice and vegetables and eggs and fish, and sat in front of the television. I saw that he was intending to lay the table just as I stepped out of the kitchen, but promptly threw the placemats back in place when he'd seen that I had deserted him for the television.

A day before this unhappy event, there was a change in my mindsets too. I am giving thoughts of returning to help my father-in-law in their family business, and Lia, she would go to a childcare centre (when she turns 18 months). Only half-day mornings I have decided, time from 7am - 1pm, afterwhich she returns to my comfort care again! I have started looking, and I am gonna get a good and reputable childcare centre for her. Definately not the one below my block! On three different occasions, I see things which I felt should not be done by their teachers to the students and that, has upset, disturbed and angered me greatly! How I wished I had taken some pictures as evidence and lodge a complaint!

Convenient, is not the word, when it comes to my own flesh and blood. I would not have her if I want things to be convenient. I am responsible for her since I chose to bring her into this world.

I have not spoken to my father-in-law yet. I want to be really sure before I commit. One thing for sure, my father-in-law has been really nice to us and I do feel obliged to help him out. It is also for our own good, for me to learn the ropes and all... It'd be good for Lia too, as at least, she gets to hang out with other kids (for just half a day I must emphasis) and get to learn things the fun way. My only worry for now is, would I be able to find the perfect childcare centre for her?

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Gene, who says it's easy to be a perfect wife and mother? Think you are doing great as a SAHM, don't despair.

Well, cool down and have a word with James. Personally find cold war not very healthy in a relationship.

You are around Yio Chu Kang area right? There's Kinderland nearby for Lia if you are considering.

Cheers
oyster

February 10, 2006 7:53 AM  
Blogger MomsyWorld said...

Gene, I am like you...very uptight about the childcare I am going to place Ethyl in.

For the misunderstanding with your Hubs, I can only say...man is like that! :x

Sometimes they thought looking after the little one is easy...let them do it for one day and I guess they surrender! :x

Take things easy...it's tough to part with Ethyl in the morning...but...I'm trying :)

February 11, 2006 12:13 PM  
Blogger Gene Ho said...

Oyster,

James is not one whom you can sit down and trash things out with. He basically like to let things cool off by itself b4 warming up again. Can say he is always 'escaping from reality'...

Yup, Kinderland is in my list, will be going down for a school tour next week! ;)

February 12, 2006 10:01 AM  
Blogger Gene Ho said...

Fannie,

Yep, when it comes to my child, I am always more particular. I want her to learn the right things, and thru the right way.

*Sign, men... they can never understand us eh...

My time wil come soon... having to deal with a whiney, clingy and even crying girl in the mornings... :(

February 12, 2006 10:06 AM  
Blogger Fantasy said...

Hi Gene
I read this post and really agree with everything u said! My husband is also the same as urs, he won't trash it out, even though i am all ready for a war. But to be honest, things will never work out this way. we all know it.

February 24, 2006 12:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

back to top