Thursday, February 2, 2006

Her first attempt at swimming & windy Parkway Parade

*Backdated entry*

Her first attempt at swimming!

James is still off from work (it's chu-5) and we thus decided to bring the little one for a swim! I then asked my cousin, Kellie, whom fully agreed to this outing and also, to bring us to Pebble Bay for the dip! ; )

We chose this shallow pool out of the few Pebble Bay has got... Hmmm, it is nice.... And very windy too!

Image hosting by Photobucket

Lia, I think she is still unsure of what 'swimming' means. She seemed quite wary of the surroundings though, and stood meekly beside me...

Image hosting by Photobucket

Undressed! And pose!

Image hosting by PhotobucketImage hosting by Photobucket

Lia is clearly afraid of the water, oh well, her 'mammal instincts' are long gone I guess!

Image hosting by PhotobucketImage hosting by PhotobucketImage hosting by Photobucket

She quite refused it when we tried to seat her in the swimming float. And
I got impatient and squat-wadded (very shallow waters) carrying the little one into the pool. I think it was too cold (very windy) and before long, Lia started wailing and 'grumbling' in admist of her crying! She was persistant and her grumbling were full of resentment, and I had to being her out of the pool...

Image hosting by PhotobucketImage hosting by PhotobucketImage hosting by PhotobucketImage hosting by Photobucket

After a while, we tried it again... Ok, she is at last smiling this time, though she is still clinging on to me tightly... I managed to lower her until she is standing on the ground, but this little one is smart and she would start climbing up my body again...


Image hosting by Photobucket

Later in the changing room...


Image hosting by PhotobucketImage hosting by Photobucket

Kellie was with Lia while I showered... She helped apply Lia's body cream and also tried to dress her. I gave Lia my hair brush to play with, and she promptly brought it up and swipe it over her head, like she is brushing her hair... Haha!

*Sign... Mission failed this time round... Let's hope that Lia will be more receptive to the water for our next trip to the pool...

P/S: Thanks Kellie! It was nice of you to come with us and for being our photographer! (Read Kellie's entry here!)

Windy Parkway Parade!

After the swim, we trooped over to Parkway Parade for our dinner...

I wasn't full after eating the fried hokkien mee and James suggested we get some dessert... At the same time, we get a decent place (clean tables and baby's highchair) to feed Lia too...

We chose McCafe...

Image hosting by Photobucket

And boy, was it windy out there! (The strong wind made me look weird)

Image hosting by PhotobucketImage hosting by Photobucket

The excitment has caused me to forget, and I had to borrow a teacup from the counter to scope Lia's porridge from the Thermo flask.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Matching hor? Lia's spoon and MaCafe's teacup... Haha! ; D

Mommy Gene
More backdated posts to come, but, what's new?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

back to top