Thursday, January 26, 2006

The fun (and not so fun) things at her grandparents' place...

The fun....

One. Watching doggie eat his dinner...
Lia, she is really fascinated by our dog, Teri.. Here she is, watching as Teri gobbles up his dinner...

Image hosting by Photobucket

Two.
Having fun with mandarin oranges...
Yesterday evening, my dad enticed Lia to this box of mandarin oranges my mom got as a gift from her workplace's supplier...

Image hosting by Photobucket
Lia: "Whoa, there are a lot more in here!"


Image hosting by Photobucket
Grandma (hidden behind the scene): "Wa, look at the mess!"
Lia: "No, I didn't do it!"

Image hosting by Photobucket
Lia: "Orh, it's you right, Ah Ma!"

Image hosting by Photobucket
Lia: "Erm, I better help gong-gong pick up..."


The not so fun...

Lia had a bad fall yesterday evening. She hit the back of her head; and I was so scared by the ordeal. As Dee mentioned, back of heads are not a good place to fall on... That was before the mandarin oranges' fun. I was just finishing my shower when I heard my mom went: "Aiyo!" And within seconds, Lia was crying her lungs out. My heart skipped a beat. I could tell from the way Lia was crying, that it was something serious. I came out of the bathroom clad in a towel to check out the suitation. It was then I saw that my dad's fish tank had somehow leaked and there were puddles of water on the floor. Lia by that time, she was wailing, and somehow, gasping from the shock... She had slipped and fell, and she hit the floor with a heavy knock at the back of her head. There was a big bump, red and swollen, and I quickly applied ice on it. The little one was still in spasms of shock as I tried my best to calm her. My heart was aching as Lia looked up at me with her teary eyes. Eyes that spoke of her pain and fear... I cuddled her tightly bringing her close to me. I don't know what to do next, and so I let my heart speak for my actions. I felt nausea, and faint (I haven't had dinner yet) and frightened, I was even shivering a little inside. I thought of calling some PD to ask for advises, and I started phrasing the various questions I wanna ask in my mind. A good way to calm the little one is to nurse her. But it was too early as she was still gasping and crying a little, and as a result, she puke a portion of her milk. Once the little one had calmed down properly, I sat down and surfed the net for infomation instead. Found this article on head injuries, read it over and over again, trying to memorise the important points I have to take note. I couldn't really sleep that night, I kept stiring to check on Lia, any potential signs I am ready to rush to A&E.

Phew, I can now heave a sign of relief as Lia, she is fine. This incident had really scared the hell out of me and I am definately more alert from now on!

Mommy Gene
Phew! Phew! Phew!

5 Comments:

Blogger MomsyWorld said...

I hope Lia's better now.

I can understand the fear and helplessness when your little one falls. *hugs*

If there was no fever and vomitting, i guess she should be fine. :)

After every fall Ethyl has, I tend to be more vigilant and careful. Just be more careful when Lia's around! :)

January 26, 2006 9:55 PM  
Blogger Gene Ho said...

Thanks Fannie,

Lia is fine now... I just kept praying and praying to keep those symptoms away!

It's really hard being a mother, my heart was breaking when I see my little one suffer like that!

Gosh, long way to go!

January 26, 2006 11:15 PM  
Blogger CheekyMonster's Mommy said...

hope Lia is feeling alrite now... gosh, when i read bt her fall, i oso felt the pain.... C fell backwards when she was sitting on the floor bt 1wk + ago... she looked momentarily stunned then cry with all her might... i oso panic n broke out in cold sweat.,... immediately applied ice on her, AND gave her some icecream... wah ice cream works wonders man *lol*
She had a small baluku which did not turn blue black... oso observed her for 12 hrs.. hb said within 12 hrs, if got vomiting, then gotta to do sth bt it...

January 27, 2006 8:13 AM  
Blogger Gene Ho said...

Thanks Fran,

Lia's fine now... :)

So scary hor, especially wen they fall on the back of their heads!

January 27, 2006 10:27 PM  
Blogger CheekyMonster's Mommy said...

yalor, i CHUA dio u noe,... tot she so steady already wun fall backwards... wah in future i cannot SEE HER SO UP liao *lol*

HAPPY NEW YR TO U n FAMILY :)

January 28, 2006 8:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

back to top