Saturday, October 29, 2005

Eczema & finally teething!

Eczema...
It has never come across my mind that Lia would get Eczema. I had thought that all breastfed babies are safe from these skin fungal infections (how silly) and I had skipped the fact that my little girl have had gone on solids now.

As both James and I had no family history of Eczema, Dr Vanessa Tan (@ KidsLink Clinic) turned her attention to food. It might be something that she's ate that have triggered it, she said. Asked if I did introduced Lia any new food for the past 1, 2 weeks? Well yes, I did..., which in fact, Iintroduced a few of them.
Shitake mushrooms, mee suah, pork and pork liver which I used it to boil in soup for her mee suah and pasta. And I had got impatient of the 5-7 days wait rule and bombarded Lia with a new food like every other day? So now, I have to work hard in tracing the culprit...

Lia is a also bit 'yellow'. Was it due to too much carrots? Or pumpkin? Not carrots definately as I have not really include carrots in lia's diet yet. Pumpkin...yes, a whole lot of it in the early stages but I have had cut that down a whole lot too. And guess what, its the greens... Dr Tan had later diagnosed. Lia ate too much of the greens! There is always a portion of greens for her meals, and I made her eat around 2 tablespoons+ of broccoli at lunch, and the same amount of spinach for dinner, sometimes, the amount for spinach is even more! I am really a kiasu mommy whom desperately wanted my little girl to eat her greens. And now that she's ate, this is what happened. Even Lia's poo are mustard greenish in colour, with specks of undigested spinach, and I still thought that was the norm.

Now here's something that I am happy of despite the Eczema attack. LIA IS FINALLY TEETHING! I had clearly felt it last night, around 10.30pm! Lia was stuffing her fingers into her mouth as usual, and I was watching her when I got curious. I offered her my index finger which she gladly took a bite and I took the chance to feel her gums. It was then I felt it! I gave a shout and jumped up from bed to turn on the (white) light. Lia was stunned for a while (and James was shocked by my shout) and refused to cooperate when I tried to look into her mouth.
But just this morning, I managed to see it! I thought the tooth looked cute, it is still in line with the gum's surface and its little face (tooth got face?) made me feel like it is peeking shyly at the world outside! =)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've heard that greens contain carotene (that yellow-orangy stuff)! Just that chlorophyll masked it from our sight...

October 31, 2005 12:28 PM  
Blogger Gene Ho said...

Yup, Wenn... Guess that's quite the truth lor..

October 31, 2005 4:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

back to top